Summer Recycling Event
We have partnered with Green Lights Recycling of Blaine to offer a summer recycling event for city of Anoka residents. Here are the details:
Green Lights Recycling, 10040 Davenport St. NE, Blaine
From Hwy. 65 – North on Hwy. 65/Central Ave. NE
Turn right on 99th Ave. N. Enter off 99th Ave. N.
Saturday, July 25, 2020
9 a.m. – Noon
763-785-0456 (Green Lights Recycling)
763-576-2725 (City of Anoka – Recycling Dept.)
Find a coupon on the back page of the summer edition of City View. It will allow you to recycle two (any priced) materials for FREE! Must present and surrender coupon at time of drop-off. Identification of City of Anoka residency is required.
Fees - Accepted Materials (ea.)
- Air conditioners and dehumidifiers = $20
- Major - stoves, refrigerator, water softener, washer, dryer, etc. = $11
- Vacuum cleaner and microwave = $11
- Small/medium – stereo, radio, toaster, VCR, curling iron, coffee maker, etc. = $5
- TV and monitor up to 17” = $20
- TV and monitor 18” to 31” = $30
- TV and monitor 32” and over = $50
- Console TV, rear projection TV = $85
- Broken TV and CRT = add $20
- Organ/piano = $150
- Small to large printer/copier = $10 to $35
- Box spring = $20
- Hard drives to be shredded = $5
- Mattress = $20
- Tires (standard size) = $5, $6 w/rim
- Treadmill; standard = $25; electronic = $40
Free – Accepted Materials
- Batteries – all household and auto
- Computer tower, laptop, cell phone, tablet without hard drive
- Cord, cable, wire, keyboard, and mouse
- Fluorescent Bulbs (do not tape together)
- Holiday String Lights (no ropes)
- Paper shredding (limit five bags or boxes)
- Scrap Metal (absolutely no fluids or non-metal parts)
Carpeting is no longer collected at city recycling events.
Safety measures will be in place. Stay in your vehicle.
This event is funded by the Anoka County Board of Commissioners and State Score Funds (SCORE-Select Committee on Recycling and the Environment).