Unfortunately, the exact impacts of COVID-19 and Governor’s Stay at Home Order on the Anoka Aquatic Center season are unknown at this time. The City of Anoka is taking the "wait and see" approach when making decisions regarding the upcoming season.
What does the City’s "wait and see" approach mean?
- It means that the safety of our participants/customers (YOU) and our staff members is of the greatest importance as we work through these decisions.
- It means that staff is working to establish possible options/plans so that we may continue to offer swim lessons and open swim
- It means that we are waiting for the MN Department Health and the Centers for Disease Control to release guidelines for operation. And that any plans we make can evolve as the situation changes.
- It means that we will wait as long as possible to make any decisions regarding opening the facility or deciding to close the facility for the summer.
- It means we will not be selling season passes or taking registration for swim lessons until we know that we will be open.
The Anoka City Council has the final say regarding the facility operation for the summer.
Announcements regarding the Anoka Aquatic Center will be made on the city website, the aquatic center facebook page and the City of Anoka facebook page.