2021 Schedule is now available, see the image below or click the document at the bottom of the page. Registration opens April 1, 2021 at 8:00am.
Due to COVID-19 safety guidelines, all Parent Child, Preschool, and Learn to Swim Level 1 classes will REQUIRE a parent in the water with the student for the entire session.
Class sizes have been decreased due to safety guidelines. Waitlists will be analyzed and staff will open classes as available.
Visit our CivicRec website to register for the following sessions:
|Class||Morning Lessons||Evening Lessons|
|Parent and Child Aquatics||$40||$38|
|PreSchool (Ages 1 through 3)||$50||$47|
|Learn to Swim Level 1||$50||$47|
|Learn to Swim Levels (2 through 6)||$58||$54|
|Adult Swim Lessons||Not Offered||$47|
|Private Swim Lessons||$96||$72|
We offer a quality swim program taught by Red Cross certified swim instructors at an affordable price. Plan your swim lesson schedule and register at our CivicRec page.
- Each swim lesson level curriculum includes safety skills and discussion topics that will be taught on land.
- Heated showers are provided.
- Participants are encouraged to wear lycra swim shirts or white t-shirts for added warmth on cold weather days.
- The pool water is heated to a minimum of 83 degrees.
- Swim Lessons are never cancelled due to cold temperatures or rain.
- Participants will be notified by phone or email if a class is to be cancelled.
- Refund requests must be made with at least half the lessons remaining. There will be no opportunity for refunds if over half of the lesson days have passed.
- Swim Classes must meet a minimum registration number in order to be held. If the minimum is not met, the Anoka Aquatic Center staff will do what they can to accommodate your swim registration at different course time.
- There will be a registration charge of 25% of the class fee, deducted from each refund/cancellation.
- A credit voucher valid for the following year is available in lieu of a refund. The credit will be allocated to the citizen account in the registration software program.
- All swimmers must come dressed, limited access to changing rooms.
- Children that are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper
- The class schedule only allows instructors to have 5 minutes between classes, which is not enough time to answer questions or discuss concerns with every parent. The manager on duty will be happy to answer any question you may have and will gladly relay information to your child’s instructor. Or you may leave your contact information and the instructor can contact you later in the day.
- Do not bring toys or swim aids from home unless encouraged to do so by the instructor. We provide appropriate instructional equipment available for use at every level.
- Encourage your child to try all of the skills, play all the games, and get in the water for every class! Participation is key to learning and swimming success.
- Have fun! Every child learns to swim at a different pace and may not pass each level on the first try. Celebrate the progress they do make and try to find time to practice their swimming skills during open swim, at the lake, or even in the tub at bath time.
- Please let the instructor know if your child is afraid of the water or has special needs that may affect his/her ability to learn.
- Please tie long hair back to keep it out of your child’s face and becoming a distraction during class.
- Shower and use the restroom before every swim lesson .
- Use of properly fitting goggles are allowed if they do not distract the child. We do prefer that beginning swimmers learn to open their eyes underwater before using goggles. Goggles are encouraged for participants in level 4 to 6 when students begin to swim longer distances and laps.
- You are invited to stay on the pool deck and watch your child’s lesson, but please maintain a distance of at least 15 to 20 feet between you and the pool edge to minimize distraction.