If a Tree or Limb needs Trimming
Trees in the power lines can be dangerous, please do not try to remove these limbs yourself.
- Anoka Municipal Utility (AMU) has a regular rotation of tree-trimming around the city so they do not have to go from one side of town to the other and back again.
- Trimming and cutting the needed trees and branches in the power lines (excluding cable or phone lines) is a free service, but the residence will be responsible for clean-up.
Priority of Tree Trimmings
- Due to high volumes of tree trimming requests, we will come out to prioritize the urgency of action. You do not need to be home for this.
- If your situation is not high priority and you do not want to wait, you can hire a licensed tree specialist who handles trees in power lines at your own cost. Check out the City of Anoka’s Tree Care Licenses web page for a list of Licensed Tree Care Specialists around our area.
- AMU has a contractor that trims our lines out on a regular rotation, and we strive to keep them on route so that they can more efficiently keep the public and our system safe.
Use our Report a Tree/Branches on or Near the Power lines form to let us know of your situation.
- In order to serve our customers better, and to keep operating costs low, we request that you attach a picture of the area that is a concern in the reporting form.
- Not attaching a file will result in a delayed response, however it will still be addressed and prioritized as needed.
- Approximately 75% of tree trimming requests require no action from AMU because the tree in question is not interfering with our power lines, so attaching a picture helps to eliminate unnecessary trips and more quickly address others. Overall, this keeps our rates low and helps us to serve you safely, efficiently and reliably - so thank you!
Thank you for helping us to be #CommunityPowered by letting us know of situations we may not be aware of. As a community owned utility, it takes all of the community to keep our city bright!