Anoka-Champlin Fire Department
The Anoka-Champlin Fire Department (ACFD) is a combination department which means it employs both full-time and paid-on-call firefighters. The Fire Chief and three full-time firefighters make up the full-time staffing with the assistance of a part-time Fire Department Administrative Assistant. The City of Anoka is part of a Joint Powers Fire District that shares fire services with the City of Champlin. This Joint Powers Agreement (JPA) began in 1985.
To minimize loss of life and property for the Cities of Anoka and Champlin from fires, natural disasters, life threatening situations and to assist other emergency agencies. To perform these services in an efficient manner by maintaining effective fire prevention, emergency response, fire suppression and training.
The paid-on-call division consists of forty-four firefighters who respond to calls in each City. The Fire Department has two stations. Station Number 1 is located in Anoka and Station Number 2 is located in Champlin.
One of the most traditional Fire Departments in Minnesota the Anoka Fire Department was established in 1857 as the Protection Hook and Ladder company. Today ACFD is distinguished by its white vehicles. A nod to the days when Anoka firefighters used white horses to pull their steam drawn engines.
The Department recruits members throughout the year. If you are interested in serving on the fire department please email the City of Champlin or stop by Station Number 1 in Anoka to request an application.